- Compact, light and rugged field instruments
- Battery and AC line operation
- Automatic end-of-cable and fault locating
- 4-kV or 12-kV output versions available
- Transflective color display
- ARM® Prelocation
- Fault Pinpointing (Thumping)
- Optional Sectionalizing Software*
MEGGER – EZ-THUMP
Weighing less than 33 kg the EZ-Thump series are the most portable fault location systems on the market. It utilises the “Easy Go” test system, which is easy to operate, interprets the results and requires minimal training to find faults.
On-board is a TDR with a 7.6 km range and arc reflection at 4 or 12 kV respectively for pre-locating. For pinpointing, EZ-Thump offers a surge energy of 500 J, d.c. testing for breakdown detection and insulation resistance measurement.
The units are operated from line or the internal battery. They can fit in the boot of a car, making them ideal for a flexible quick response fault finding strategy.