- Flat, Small Profile Thin Film RTD Element
- Specification DIN EN 60751 (According to IEC 60751)
- Temperature Range -50 to 500°C (-58 to 932°F) Depending on Accuracy Class (See Table Below)
- Temperature Coefficient α = 0.00385Ω/Ω/°C Nominal
- 100, 500 and 1000 Ohm Configurations
- Class A, B and 1/3 B (Also Known as Class AA) Tolerances
- Long Term Stability: Max. Ro Drift Not Greater Than the Class Tolerance
- After 1000 Hours in Air at Maximum Temperature Specified for Class.
- Vibration Resistance at Least 40 g Acceleration at 10 to 2000 Hz
- Shock Resistance at 100 g Acceleration with 8ms Half Sine Wave
- Insulation Resistance >10Mohms at 20°C: >1Mohms at 500°C
- Self Heating Does Not Exceed 25% of the Tolerance Value When Powered at the Maximum Specified Operating Current (1 milliamp for 100Ω, 0.7milliamp for 500Ω and 0.3 milliamp for 1000Ω Elements)
- Response Time Water Current (v=0.4 m/s)
t0.5 = 0.2 s; t0.9 = 0.4 s Air Stream
(v = 1 m/s) t0.5 = 3.0 s; t0.9 = 9.0 s
- Platinum Clad Nickel Wire Leads 10 L x 0.2 mm D (0.39 x 0.008″)
OMEGA – F2020 Series
The F2020 thin film RTD element is a 2.0mm x 2.0mm size. OMEGAFILM platinum thin film RTD elements are manufactured using materials and processes similar to those employed in the manufacture of integrated circuits. This results in a rugged, reliable sensing element that can be produced in a wide range of sizes, resistances, and accuracies to meet even the most demanding of applications.
OMEGAFILM RTDs conform to the internationally accepted requirements of IEC60751, which defines the resistance vs. temperature characteristics of the sensors, their base resistance at 0°C (32°F), and their accuracy (see below). RTDs conforming to IEC751 have a temperature coefficient of resistance (also known as Alpha) of 0.00385Ohms/Ohms/°C between 0 and 100°C.
As a result of conforming to an internationally recognized standard such as IEC751, OMEGAFILM RTD elements can be used as-is worldwide with a multitude of controllers and instruments designed to function within these requirements. Elements are referred to as pt100, pt500 or pt1000 Ohm configurations
OMEGAFILM RTDs are available in flat, round, and specialty shapes for maximum flexibility. They are also available in resistances at 0°C that include 100, 200, 500, and 1000 ohms, depending on the element style (the resistances available for each style will be shown on their individual pages).
Note on Assembling Omega “F” Series RTD Elements to Extension Wires: These RTD elements are made with platinum coated nickel lead wires. Since platinum does not easily wet with most soft solders, we advise that they be spot welded or silver soldered to extension wires when required.