- Operating Temperature Range: -50 to 500°C (-58 to 932°F) Sensing End, -50 to 250°C (-58 to 482°F) at Connector
- All Welded 316L Stainless Steel Housing and Probe
- Available With or Without Mounting Thread (1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 NPT
- Mounting Threads Available)
- 1/4″ Diameter Standard, 2″ Minimum Length
- Pt100 Class A Platinum RTD Standard, Pt1000 Platinum RTD Also Available (per IEC60751)
- 4 Wire Design Works With Any 2, 3 or 4-Wire Measurement System
- Integral 4-Pin M12 Connector for Easy Connection
- Bendable Probes (After the First 2″ of Probe Tip) Using a Minimum
- Suggested Bend Radius of 2x the Probe Diameter
- Vibration Tested to MIL-STD-202G, Method 204D, Test Condition A, 10gs from 10 to 500Hz (6″ Long or shorter)
OMEGA – PR-26 Series
Note: These Sensors Require an M12 Extension Cable to Connect the Sensor To Your Instrumentation. A Partial List Of Our M12 Extension Cables is Included in the Ordering Table Below.
Omega’s RTD sensors with M12 connections are designed to provide for easy and efficient installation or removal of these sensors for periodic calibration, troubleshooting or replacement. Gone are the days of having to pull extension cables from cable trays in order to calibrate or replace the sensor, now you simply disconnect the sensor from the extension cable saving cost and downtime. The Omega PR-26 RTD is a flexible and robust temperature sensor made with 316L Stainless Steel housings and sheaths for strength and corrosion resistance. The probe stem is made from mineral insulated cable which produces a sensor that can be used to 500°C, and can be bent (except for the first 2 inches of the tip) to fit your application.
These sensors include a 4-pin, M12 A-Coded plug connector for easy assembly to patch cables or extension cables. Unlike other M12 enabled sensors that have a maximum rating of 85 or 90°C on their connections, the PR-26 RTD can really take the heat with a connector rating of 250°C. Combine this sensor with one of our proprietary M12CM-T24SSPC high temperature extension cables and you have a probe/cable combination that is unmatched in the industry.
For use in thermowells, the PR-26SL Spring-Loaded version of this sensor is the preferred solution. The PR-26SL design includes a non-threaded PR-26A style probe with a self-gripping spring and 1/2NPT threaded fitting to insure that the probe will contact the bottom of the thermowell bore without damaging the sensor. This insures that the sensor length will always be a perfect fit for your thermowell. See the PR-26SL page for additional information.
The mounting thread options on the PR-26 Series sensors allow them to be used in a wide variety of applications, including:
- Stand alone immersion sensors.
- Installed directly into your product or process using an existing metric threaded port.
- When combined with our M12-Handle, non-threaded “A” style PR-26 probes can be used in hand-held sensing applications.
- Other applications using a variety of available compression fittings or other accessories.
These RTD sensors can be used in any 2, 3 or 4-wire application by selecting one of the two available wiring arrangements (see the wiring diagrams below) and using only those wires needed for your measurement connection. This allows for simplified, trouble free installation with any existing application. This also allows the PR-26 series sensor to be used for a wide variety of replacement applications since it can be connected as-is with just about any measurement or control equipment available when combined with a 4-pin female M12 connector extension or patch cable.
When ordering your PR-26 sensor, don’t forget your extension cable. Omega offers a wide selection of extension cables including over molded PVC, Polyurethane and Silicone cables, as well as customized cables in a variety of materials with optional stainless steel braid or hose for improved mechanical protection, and a wide selection of instrument connections.
Connect your PR-26 RTD sensor to one or more of Omega’s wide variety of in-stock controllers, data loggers, transmitters, hand held thermometers, PLCs, or other measurement & control products to complete your measurement or control system. Omega offers a selection of programmable and fixed range transmitters that can be connected directly to the M12 connection of your PR-26 sensor. There are also wireless transmitter options available.
- Metal Parts: 316L Stainless Steel Sheath and Housing.
- Connector: 4-Pin “A”-Coded M12 Plug Connector
- Standard Mounting Threads: 1/2NPT, 3/8NPT, 1/4NPT and Non-Threaded
- Standard Probe Diameters: 1/4″ and 1/8″
- Standard Probe Length: 6″ (2″ length mimimum)
- Sensor: Pt100 (100 Ohms at 0°C, .00385 TCR (alpha)) Standard, Pt1000 and
- Other Options Available
- Accuracy: Class A Standard (per IEC 60751), Others Available Upon Request
- Temperature Range: -50 to 500°C Except for the Connector Which is 250°C Max
- Insulation Resistance: 100 Megohms Minimum at 100VDC at Room Ambient
- Response Time: Appoximately 8.5 Seconds (63.2% Response) When
- Immersed in Water Flowing at 3 feet/sec
- Vibration Resistance: 10g’s from 10 to 500Hz per MIL-STD-202G, Method 204D, Test Condition A (6″ long or shorter)