- Temperature measurement range: -18ºC to 2000°C (0ºF to 3600°F)
- Optical resolution up to 60:1
- Point-to-point or multidrop installation up to 15 sensors on a single network
- Special models for glass and plastics applications
- TX with intrinsic safety optionally (ATEX)
RAYTEK – Thermalert TX
The Thermalert TX infrared temperature sensors are available in two configurations:
- TX Basic Infrared Sensor offers outstanding performance when used in single-unit installations.
- TX Smart Infrared Sensor, which has remote addressability, can be easily installed in multidrop configurations including special ones for monitoring glass and plastics processes. TX Series Smart Sensors communicate over a simple loop-powered 2-wire cable using the HART (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) protocol. This signal combines industry-standard 4-20 mA output with simultaneous digital communications.
It includes Raytek DataTemp Multidrop software to enable easy and consistent installation, configuration and data capture across the following applications:
- Steel and metals processing (foundry/forging operations & heat treating)
- Glass bending, forming, tempering, annealing, and sealing
- Paper processing (ink drying/curing & lamination)
- Plastics processing and thermoforming; and semiconductor processing